Take a big sip of Heady and see what hop flavors you can pick out.
Curbside pick up is available. The tasting room is currently closed.
Please read this before placing an order: We are now open for curbside pickup 7 days a week from 11am – 6pm. Orders may be placed online in advance. When you place your order please be aware that it must be picked up within 48 hours. We cannot hold inventory beyond 48 hours, so if you miss that window, please reach out to [email protected] for a refund.
Order online HERE
CURBSIDE PICKUP INSTRUCTIONS
1. Place your order online. You will receive an email with order confirmation. You must pick up within 48 hours of placing your order. If you have a gift certificate we CANredeem it for curbside sales, just not through the online ordering system. Bring it with you to curbside and we will process your order in person and apply the gift certificate at that time.
2. Follow the signs to the curbside pickup location near the door to our regular tasting room entrance. Our team, in masks and gloves, will do our best to keep watch for arrivals and greet you promptly!
3. Please pull up to the designated curbside location and stay in your car. Please remain 6 feet from other customers and staff.
4. Please have your valid 21+ ID ready to display against a closed window. The order name needs to match the ID name.
5. We will retrieve your order and can place it in your trunk for you. If your vehicle has the option to open the trunk from inside the car, please pop your trunk.
6. We ask that all patrons stay inside their vehicles and refrain from getting out and taking photos or lingering in the parking lot. Thanks for helping us ensure the safety of all customers and staff!
Hours: Daily 11am-6pm
The Alchemist is a small, family run brewery specializing in fresh, unfiltered IPA. We are currently focused on brewing one beer perfectly – Heady Topper, an American Double IPA.
We love hops – that’s why our flagship Double IPA, Heady Topper, is packed full of them. Heady Topper was designed to showcase the complex flavors and aromas these flowers produce.
The Alchemist has been brewing Heady Topper since 2003. This Double IPA is not intended to be the strongest or most bitter DIPA. It is brewed to give you wave after wave of hop flavor without any astringent bitterness. We brew Heady Topper with a proprietary blend of six hops – each imparting its own unique flavor and aroma.
Take a big sip of Heady and see what hop flavors you can pick out. Orange? Tropical Fruit? Pink Grapefruit? Pine? Spice? There is just enough malt to give this beer some backbone, but not enough to take the hops away from the center stage.
For eight years, Heady Topper was served on tap exclusively at our seven barrel brewpub in downtown Waterbury. In early 2011 we built the Alchemist Cannery, a 15 barrel brewery and canning line, for the production of our flagship IPA. The first cans of Heady Topper rolled off the line just two days after Tropical Storm Irene demolished The Alchemist Pub and Brewery.
Today we brew 120 barrels per week in eight 15 barrel batches. We never hold back inventory, and we move all of our beer weekly in a concerted effort to provide the freshest, hoppiest packaged IPA on the market.